July 27, 2009

Taxi Driver (1976) - IMDB #38

Taxi Driver//1976//113 Min.//Color//Drama

Are you talkin' to me, you dangling cherry scented air freshener?


I need that poster in my home theater room.

It's been a while since I've seen Taxi Driver, so I'll just give some bullet points.

* Robert DeNiro was awesome. This sucks for us now, because we know he was one of the greatest actors on the silver screen and now he's doing shitcakes like Righteous Kill (which I actually sat through), the currently filming Little Fockers, and Hide & Seek (this should have been a movie about his talent).

* Jodie Foster instantly brings down any movie that she's in - now. Back then, she was actually not a bad actress.

* Harvey Keitel is badass in...anything.

* Scorsese is one of the all time greatest directors of our time.

* I want Travis Bickle's sunglasses.

This movie is worth watching at least once, because I remember liking it - but it's not one you'll be watching on date night with your broad.

Unless your broad is a teenage prostitute.

7/10 (IMDB has it rated 8.6/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment