July 25, 2009

The Graduate (1967) - IMDB #157

The Graduate//1967//105 Min.//Color//Drama


K-mart doesn't suck, this movie does

The Graduate was one of those movies that made the short list of films that I have seen and Kleeberg hadn't. I warned him going into this movie that I felt it was over rated. I didn't fill him in on the fact that this was one of the biggest snoozefest flicks I've ever seen.

This movie I remember. And that's not a good thing. My memory is horrible, and the fact that I remembered this movie, should tell you that it impacted me in some sort of way that other films hadn't. It sure did. The pace was slow. The plot was not believable. The acting was okay at best. Just all around not what I had expected.

I really did try to give this movie a chance. I had heard nothing but good things about it and I did a 'blind buy', purchasing this movie with my hard earned cash without seeing it first. I wish I saved the 10 bucks and just went outside to watch grass grow for two hours.

The only redeeming quality about this movie was the great Simon & Garfunkel tracks. I sure do love me some Simon & Garfunk. This is the only reason that this movie gets a rating of:

1/10 (IMDB has it rated 8.2/10)

Do not ever watch this movie.

-Shaun

5 comments:

  1. You are out of your fucking mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear, Hear. Just finished watching it. Horrible. Soundtrack amazing. Cinematography, interesting. Plot, ridiculous. Characters, weak. etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is far fetched and his character made me cringe, but Anne Bancroft was hot. So I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy fuck you're an idiot. This is easily one of the best movies I have ever watched (and that list includes movies like American Beauty, Saving Private Ryan, and The Godfather). This masterpiece is the kind you want to watch over and over again.

    ReplyDelete