March 22, 2012

Update - 2012

Update time...

Since Shaun and I stopped living together, the contest had kind of...fallen apart - understandably so.  Life events forced us to go our separate ways.  I ended up getting married, he ended up getting engaged, and the mission went to the back burner.

I really feel like I still need to get this list done.  Think of it as my 'bucket list' of film.  Shaun won't be watching these with me, but my wife will be watching a few - she won't post her thoughts, but I'll probably include them with my commentary.

In it's first iteration, we caught a lot of heat from those I like to call 'film elitists' for hating a movie like The Graduate and loving a movie like Platoon.  To you, I say...different strokes for different folks.  If you don't like my taste in movies, I don't care.  That's part of the reason why I'm watching many of the so-called 'classics' for the first time - to gain that appreciation.  Yes, I have movies like Con Air & Transformers in my film collection right now...but I also have The Godfather and Seven Samurai.  Go ahead and judge me, that's why there's a comments section.

Regardless, I'm starting this bad boy up again.  Let's see how far I can get.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm trying to complete the list as well, have seen 173 so far, am watching Hotel Rwanda at the moment. Will read your post on it after I've finished it!

    Best wishes from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck dude. I fondly remember working my way through the list. It took a few years but it felt great when I finished. Yes, you are crazy for giving The Graduate a 0/10 but there are plenty of classics that everyone says I'm crazy for hating. That's what makes it fun, anyways don't give up!

    ReplyDelete